The team at AD1 College wrote and believe in this Creed for ourselves, our Learners and
our Workplace Clients; as we work on this Mission.
It underpins everything we do at AD1 College.
We use the acronym G.R.O.W. and it signifies:
G. What is your goal?
Can you visualise it?
Does it inspire you?
Is it specific?
Is it time framed?
Have you set times to review and assess?
Remember...It is better to have a system rather than a goal. The system is to continually look for better options.
The happiness formula:
- Eat right
- Get enough sleep
- Imagine an incredible future (even if you don’t believe it)
- Work toward a flexible schedule
- Do things you can steadily improve at
- Help others (if you have already helped yourself)
- Reduce daily decisions to routine
R. What is your current reality?
Take a snap shot of your
circumstances and determine
where are you at now. This is important to understand where you are starting from right now.
O. Explore your options
Typical questions that you can use to explore options are as follows:
- What else could you do?
- What if a blockage were removed?
- Would that change things?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each option?
- What factors or considerations will you use to weigh the options?
- What do you need to stop doing in order to achieve this goal?
- What obstacles stand in your way?
W. Map out your way forward. What system are you using ? Do you have the will to follow through?
Useful questions sto ask here includes:
- What will you do now?
- What could stop you moving forward?
- How will you overcome this?
- How can you keep yourself motivated?
- When do you need to review progress? Daily, weekly, monthly?
This will provide some accountability, and allow you to change your approach if the original plan is not working.
It is perfectly acceptable to make a mess of things. Trial and error can lead to beautiful things. That is how we have developed at AD1 College. The team at AD1 College wrote and believe in this Creed for ourselves, our Learners and our Workplace Clients; as we work on this Mission.
It underpins everything we do at AD1 College.
It is hard to imagine now,but at one time Antonio Dragone completely lost his way."I tried to do everything myself when we first started," he offers. 'When you are used to being a perfectionist working in high class events, it can be very easy to get bogged down with the detail, and forget about the more important function of getting on with business. After the family went to bed, Antonio would pull all nighters learning more and more about how to run a business with a social conscience. Those early crazy days, paved the way for Antonio to discover that with his love of vocational training, served with a passion for business, topped with a social conscience he would create, with partner Mariana, AD1 College as it is today, a niche registered training organisation serving the needs of willing Learners who identified they have a skills gap and were looking to get into roles in Sales, Customer service, Small Business, Hospitality and Events. Really these transferable skills are usable in any customer interaction role.
Baby Steps and Leaps of Faith
Baby steps and leaps of faith brought Antonio to where he is today. Also understanding where his strengths are and where to rely upon other people's strengths. Education ad training is a commitment to community and it gives me no greater joy than to see past Learners go on and do great things.
Life has taught me so many lessons, and when complimented with formal training we are excited to offer an institution where Learners develop real world skills for their future careers.
We operate our business under these guiding principles:
1. Our idea from day one has been to create and deliver learning that has a beginning, middle, and finish to every bite. Everything at AD1 College courses is ruled by Learner's learning.
2. We strive for efficient, uncompromised, sincere, fabulous, caring and exceptional service from our team (as close to perfect as possible).
3. We want to be the best place to learn for everyone.
4. We provide a caring, genuine, free-spirited, diverse place to work.
5. We are excited about building strong relationships with everyone we interact with: our customers, our community, and our suppliers.
6. Community is very important to us, and we are an active part of our community. We purchase from local suppliers, donate to charitable causes, and work with organisations to teach people the importance of skills and education.
7. We want to be a learning institution that keeps on learning ourselves. Our people are continuously on a course of professional development and our CREED consists of:
- Self belief
- Positive self talk
- Knowledge is power - continuous improvement
- Work with systems to form habits for success
- The POWER of full engagement Energy Management - Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual
- Embrace stress
- Follow YOUR OWN path
- Accept mentors into your life
- Willingly help other people
- Create trust with your clients
- Show gratitude
"And it ought to be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. Because the innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may do well under the new"
Do you want to be contacted? Fill in the form over there -------->